Ice cream with European canned peaches is a delightful and refreshing treat, perfect for a hot summer day. Here's a simple recipe to guide you through making this delicious dessert:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can of European canned peaches, drained and chopped
- Optional: 1-2 tablespoons of peach syrup from the canned peaches
Prepare the Ice Cream Base:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, whole milk, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- If desired, add 1-2 tablespoons of peach syrup from the canned peaches to the mixture for extra peach flavor.
Chill the Mixture:
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the ice cream mixture for at least 1-2 hours, or until thoroughly chilled. Chilling the mixture will help it freeze faster and result in a smoother texture.
Churn the Ice Cream:
- Once the mixture is chilled, pour it into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions until it reaches a soft-serve consistency.
- Alternatively, if you don't have an ice cream maker, you can pour the mixture into a shallow dish and freeze it, stirring every 30 minutes until it reaches the desired consistency.
Add the Peaches:
- When the ice cream is almost finished churning, add the chopped canned peaches to the machine and continue churning for another minute or until the peaches are evenly distributed throughout the ice cream.
- Transfer the churned ice cream into a freezer-safe container and cover it with a lid or plastic wrap.
- Freeze the ice cream for at least 4-6 hours, or until firm.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Once the ice cream is fully frozen, scoop it into bowls or cones and serve immediately.
- Garnish with additional chopped peaches or a drizzle of peach syrup, if desired.
This homemade ice cream with European canned peaches is creamy, flavorful, and bursting with the natural sweetness of ripe peaches. It's a delightful way to enjoy the taste of summer all year round!